domingo, 30 de marzo de 2014

The Catcher in the Rye Chapter 4 Q&A

1. - Holden and Stradlater are quite different in age and in many other things, but besides all off the differences I think they are friends because they mess around and they talk about anything in a totally informal way. “I’m the one that's flunking out of the goddam place, and you're asking me to write a goddamn composition". "Be a buddy. Be a buddyroo. Okay".

2. - When Stradlater tells Holden that he’s going out with a girl called Jane Gallagher he couldn’t believe it, Jane was Holden's neighbour two summers ago and they used to play checkers, Holden seemed to like her. "I'm thinking... Uh. Jane Gallagher. Boy I nearly dropped dead when he said that". "Boy, was I excited, though. I really was. Where is she?" "I oughta go down and say hello to her or something. Where is she?"

3. - Holden doesn’t go say hello to Jane because he’s "not in the mood", he justifies saying that "you have to be in the mood for those kind of things", I think this is the real reason why doesn’t want to go say hello to her.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario